A WHS review or safety gap analysis is a proactive approach to ensure your safety management system is effective and complying with WHS legislation. It also emphasises to colleagues that they work in an environment which wants to promote safety as one of its core values.
A safety gap analysis can cover a wide range of assessments designed to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement. Our safety contractors can identify key areas that may need immediate attention and work with you to implement health and safety improvement plans and initiatives.
Officers including company directors must exercise due diligence to ensure the organisation is fulfilling its workplace health and safety obligations. Health and safety commitment and leadership from the top levels of the organisation are critical to health and safety outcomes. Some areas that due diligence should be demonstrated:
- acquiring and keeping up to date with knowledge of WHS matters
- understand business operations and the associated hazards and risks
- ensure appropriate resources and processes are implemented to eliminate or minimise risks to health and safety
- a clear communication strategy is in place for information regarding incidents, hazards and risks and responding in a timely way to that information
- safety training for managers, workers and others involved with your business
Our safety contractors are up to date with WHS legislation and will ensure your organisation is up to speed with all your workplace health and safety obligations. Our Safety Gap Analysis package covers:
- An initial review of clients operations, structure, existing safety system, and training of employees.
- Walk through audit of your workplace.
- Discussion of results and recommendations to achieve legislative compliance.
- Documented report to client.
Contact us on 1300 585 128 to find out more about the Safety Gap Analysis package or a tailored program for your organisation.